Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Houston, We Have A Pee-er"

After dropping my dear friend Becky and her beautiful daughter "Madewin" as Paige calls her, off at the airport today, I took a little "deek" into Babies-R-Us. Paige was spending quality time with her Nana, Papa and Uncle Preston who are down visiting from Canada. This allowed me some time alone for my great potty debate.

Anywho... we've been working on the whole potty thing, reading potty books, sitting on the potty 'sans' clothing, sitting on the potty with clothing, putting toys in the potty, reading books on the potty, pushing the potty - essentially doing everything with the potty but what it's meant for. This my friends was the reason for my trip to Babies-R-Us in search of a "big girl" potty seat to install on top of the real toilet seat. Do I get a hot pink potty seat, a Dora The Explorer potty seat, a singing potty seat??? AHH!! Nope, I kept it clean and simple and went for the good ole white potty seat with the matching step stool - plus it matches the "other" potty that roams around the house.

After a quick installation and a little sales pitch, Paige was all about her big girl potty. As she got settled, I called daddy in for moral support and encouragement. I sat on the edge of the tub, while daddy stood in the doorway. Much to our surprise the flood gates opened!

I never thought we'd get so excited about such a thing! High five's all around, a few squares of toilet paper, a hand washing and one very satisfying flush later we had a very proud piddler! But that's not it...

After playing in her new "undies" on our bed with dad for a while, she wiggled her way off of the bed and stood above daddy's favorite flip flops. OOPS... I suspect daddy's flip flops have smelt worse - I like to think of it as a little puddle of love.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Too funny! Good luck with the potty training. I hope it's a success!!

Unknown said...

Good Job Paige!...Mema & Gramps are proud of you!